Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

I LOVE LADRO


I was first introduced to Ladro in Gertrude Street by dear friends who share the same passion for gustation as my partner and I. I love the Fitzroy area, every visit to Melbourne is never complete without a stroll up and down Gertrude, I just love to breathe in all the lovely branding that adorns the shops, it gives window shopping a whole new meaning when I'm just as excited to gaze at the exterior signage as I am to browse inside. 

So I instantly fell in love with the Ladro logo, the typeface is just so perfect...the branding effortlessly represents the Italian inspired restaurant. Have a look at their website ladro.com.au and you'll see what I mean. You feel the love when you walk into the restaurant, and I'm not just talking love of the restaurants interior which is fresh, clean and a touch industrial, its the people working at Ladro putting their love into their craft and providing a dining experience that makes you feel at home....just with better pizza. 


I'm declaring my undying love for 
Pizza for Otto
bufala, speck, anchovies, capers, basil, dressed rocket
and
Putanesca
tomato, fior di latte, parmigiano, cherry tomatoes, anchovies, capers, fresh chilli, black olives, basil


When I contacted Ladro about doing this blog, the lovely Ingrid Lantry (one half of the husband and wife team behind Ladro) emailed me back with some amazing photography of Ladro taken by Shantanu Starrick of Pixel Trade. Ladro feeds Starrick whenever he's in Melbourne - its food in return for his beautiful photography - all part of Starrick's project which aims to reintroduce the bartering system into day to day life. Starrick is travelling the world trading his services as a photographer for life's basic necessities. Find our more at Starrick's website thepixeltrade.com  or find him on Facebook to get regular updates. I love this guy!




I couldn't end this blog without telling you how Ladro give back to their community. Every Monday Ladro invites their customers to bring in a BYO bottle for a $5 donation to help those less advantaged in and around Fitzroy and Prahan. Donations are given to two charities, St Vincents Vinnies Vannies and Prahan Mission. 



I find myself constantly dreaming of Ladro opening in New Zealand, in a nation obsessed with inappropriate pizza toppings, Ladro would be such a refreshing change. Until this time, I'll be making the pilgrimage across the Tasman to get my fix... Love you long time Ladro. xx













No comments:

Post a Comment