Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

King amongst Princes


I was so excited one day to see renovations start on a lovely old church down the road from where I work. I had walked past the building so many times and had thought of so many things it could be converted into - but a micro-brewery never crossed my mind...

Good George opened its doors in 2011 and have been busy ever since making the best craft beer and cider. I'm not just saying the drinks are the best because I'm so Waikato biased, it is in fact award winning, taking out trophies and medals in the recent Brewers Guild Awards.


The food at Good George is pretty great too, with the sliders, onion rings and caesar salad having become my favs. I especially like to wash my nosh down with a glass of the seriously amazing Doris Plum Cider. Don't think for one minute however, that the food or ambience of this place play second fiddle to the beverages, Good George has just been announced as a finalist in two categories by Hospitality NZ: Best Bar and Best New/Redeveloped Bar/Restaurant. The winner will be announced in September so good luck team!


I've taken a few snaps of Good George to give you an idea of the character of the place, but you need to get yourself down there to experience it for yourself! You won't be disappointed!


















Long Live Good George!

No comments:

Post a Comment